Thursday 24 April 2014

Vibrational State Technique and Lucidity Scale

Ugh. Found a grey hair this morning (I'm only 31 dammit!), so I thought I'd cheer myself up by writing another blog post :)

At the time of my next experience I was reading Luis Minero's book 'Demystifying the Out of Body Experience: A Practical Manuel for Exploration and Personal Evolution'. I really recommend this book (I love books - my Kindle rarely leaves my side), it uses new terminology which can be a bit confusing, but the whole idea behind it is to bring a more scientific less dogmatic to OBE's. Either way, it was a book that resonated with me.

It outlined a technique to induce the (famous) vibrational state which I've been using a lot since. This technique is given the pretty nifty acronym of VELO (Voluntary Energetic Longitudinal Oscillation - see what I mean about the terminology?!), but its a lot simpler than it sounds. Basically, it involves concentrating a sense of your energy in your head and then slowly moving this energy through your body down to your feet; making a point of 'feeling' this energy moving rather than visualizing it and then moving the energy back up to your head. Repeat and slowly speed up until you feel that the vibrational state in your energosoma (or energy body for those not versed in metaphysical geek speak). The vibrational state mentioned by a lot of out of body aficionados (though, not all) is what happens when it feels like every cell in your body is vibrating, sometimes buzzing or other noises are heard; sometimes not. The key thing here is that it's not your physical body vibrating or hearing things, its the effect of your energy body phasing out of sync with the physical. Sometimes this vibrating effect can be very intense, sometimes subtle - as with pretty much anything to do with astral travel this idea isn't to get emotional about what you're experiencing (fear, joy, excitement), but to observe the sensations and 'go with it'.

The book also outlines a useful scale of lucidity, or awareness in order to better track and analyse your experiences (Minero advocates noting down everything to do with your experience so you can see trends - a part of the more 'scientific' approach that I really liked....). Here it is:

0% Lucidity: Unconsciousness
20% Lucidity: Semi consciousness (Lucid dream - I took this to mean a vague awareness that you are dreaming)
40% Lucidity: Doubt (Are you dreaming or have you projected from your body?)
60% Lucidity: Certainty (Lucid projection)
80% Lucidity: Self consciousness (Equal to waking)
100% Lucidity: Super consciousness (A mental body projection rather than an energy body projection)

I used the VELO technique and analysed my next experience with the lucidity scale - I'll post it in a bit..... It's a long one.............. :)


1 comment: